Foreigners wanting to apply for a first time or a renewal (extension) of a Turkish Residence Permit are required to submit their application at a district foreigner police department in Turkey.
Supporting documents needed for the Turkish Residence Permit:
• Valid health insurance which will cover the duration of your residency permit
(this is a compulsory requirement for those under 65 years old)
• A valid passport with photocopies of the last entry stamp and details page
• Five recent passport-sized photographs
• A valid Turkish visa (eg.: a holiday visa)
• Proof of address (if renting – a copy of signed contract – this copy needs to be notarized)
• Property title deeds or rental agreement
• Bank statement from a Turkish bank proving you are in good financial standing (this varies from place to place).
(the general rule is that you must have more then 10.000,- TL (minimum) for each year you intend to register in Turkey)
• Tax Number
You may also need, where applicable:
– Evidence of your marriage (if married to a Turkish national)
– Employment details (if employed in Turkey)
Some Turkish National Police (TNP) foreigners offices are currently requesting:
– A translated version of your passport
– Criminal Report Form
All new Residence Permits are valid for one year.